Nachrichten älter als 1 Monat
Cpt. Jag
Site Admin
Site Admin
XE 2.0 Diesel - der sparsamste Jaguar ever

Beitrag von Cpt. Jag » Mo 26 Jan, 2015 08:32

From London to Berlin with Idris Elba and the New Jaguar XE

Bild

■ Actor, Producer, Musician, Film maker and car fan, Idris Elba to drive the new Jaguar XE from London to Berlin, covering four countries in three days
■ Departing from London today, Idris will cover 750 miles todeliver the XE to its German launch and DJ at a special pop-up party in Berlin
■ Jaguar will document this journey by creating a series of short films, released online from 10th February 2015
■ Idris will drive the new Jaguar XE 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel 163PS, which is class leading for efficiency being capable of 75mpg and 99g/km CO2
■ The Jaguar XE benefits from lightweight aluminium construction, exceptional aerodynamics and state-of-the-art technology - it is the most fuel efficient Jaguar ever.

Today, world-renowned actor and aspiring film maker Idris Elba is set to embark on an epic 750 mile (1200 km) road trip in the new Jaguar XE, the most fuel efficient Jaguar ever produced.

Driving from London to Berlin in winter conditions, whilst documenting his journey through film, Idris will test the class-leading fuel economy credentials of Jaguar's new sports saloon, while enjoying market leading in-car tech, cutting-edge driver aids and entertainment systems to help navigate his way through four countries with ease and style.

Speaking about his XE road trip, Idris Elba commented: "My work takes me around the world, but I rarely have the time or luxury of getting behind the wheel for myself. I wanted to do this trip and record the experience through a series of short films. I have long been a fan of Jaguar's incredible sporting heritage and have been truly impressed with how the brand has evolved over the past few years. It's a real privilege being the first person to take the new XE on a significant road trip across Europe."

Idris is starting and ending his journey with music, one of his many passions. Today, he will be putting rising stars of the National Youth Music Theatre through auditions. It's where his journey as an actor began and he's keen to help the next generation of talent.

Jaguar Land Rover PR Director Fiona Pargeter said:

"As a keen driver with a passion for cars, technology and music, Idris is the perfect fit to test the new Jaguar XE. We look forward to seeing how he achieves an economical drive despite challenging winter conditions."

"The XE is packed with technology stories and as one of the first people in the world to drive the car, Idris will be sharing his experience of these through a series of short films that fans can view online and on social channels."

The XE is powered by a range of four-and six-cylinder petrol and diesel engines offering a blend of performance, refinement and efficiency from 99g/km CO2 to 250km/h.

From smartphone apps and Wi-Fi to premium audio systems developed with world-renowned experts Meridian - the new XE offers a suite of technologies designed to keep you informed and entertained, making every journey even more of an experience.

The short documentary film will be shared in late February, with some teaser footage of trip available from the 10th February across Jaguar social media channels.

To follow Idris on his XE experience, follow @Jaguar on Twitter.
#FEELXE / #IdrisXERoadTrip

Aber ob ein 163 PS Jaguar sich durchsetzen wird ?

Cpt. Jag

Quelle: Jaguar
XJ 8 Sovereign 4L / 2001
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.